Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Picture time

Alright, so after reading other peoples posts during the home construction process I've decided that my blog is getting boring due to lack of pictures. There isn't much to show, but here we go! 

 
Alright...this is the lot we will be building on. We are getting a GREAT deal on it. It costs about $15000 less than any other lot in this area of the same size. That gives us extra money to throw at upgrades as we are on a pretty tight budget thanks to my student loans.  The lot is tucked in the back of this established custom built neighborhood and I guess nobody seems to look back there. It is on a quiet cul-de-sac side street. The lot itself is not in the cul-de-sac. The only thing we aren't crazy about is the fact that there is a "salt dome" in the background for the county we live in. However, the plus side is that there will never be anyones house in the backyard and the only time it will be annoying is occasionally during the winter when we are getting snow (which isn't terribly bad in this area). The lot tends to slope up in the back and then dip back down again. When they start digging, he says he can create another hill at the very back to help block some of that out. We can plant some trees on top of that to block out the dome behind the property. The county also has a huge fence back there so we don't have to worry about fencing that section in at least.
 
 



The is the outside of the house we are designing...excuse my lack of drawing abilities. It is hard to tell how it looks because of my drawing, but the garage sticks out a little and there is a front porch over the entry and across the front of the house. I added the dome shaped window which is a change from the original plan because it is a 2-story foyer as you walk through the front door and thought it would look nicer. I will probably have them do stone around the dome window, shaker siding on the left upper section by the left two windows, and brick on the entire garage section. The subdivision requires a brick wrap on all houses. On the porch, I have stone bases drawn in there before the column continues up. Who knows, this all could change, but that is the plan for now.

The floor plans are still being tweaked or I would throw those on here too. Once I get them done, I will put them up. I am waiting on the builder and designer to work some issues out that I am not too happy about.

As for the status of other things, we are still waiting to hear from the credit bureau on the mistake they need to fix for us to get approved and we are meeting with the builder Friday to iron out more details and possibly go over the contract.

So there, we now have pictures and I feel that the blog is extremely exciting to read now...extremely.  Alright, maybe not, but it will work for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment